IRIS GST’s e-invoicing module (branded as IRIS Onyx) is an end-to-end solution. Apart from core e-invoice generation and cancellation, you can also define your own custom formats for invoice printing, e-sign and email them to the customers.
If you are using IRIS Onyx for managing your e-invoices, your GSTR 1 preparation becomes easier. You can push all your e-invoice data and populate the GSTR 1 input format. While not recommended, if any edits are needed to the invoice data, you can download the details, update and reupload the invoices.
Available for a GSTIN and multiple GSTINs
- For Single GSTIN, go to GSTR 1 Return and the option is available under Upload section
- For Multiple GSTINs, go to Bulk Operations. Here under Bulk Upload, for GSTR 1, the option to Get data from IRIS Onyx is available
Basis of populating e-invoices for GSTR 1
While the same invoice details used for e-invoice generation need to be reported in GSTR 1, the granularity level is different. Further, not all transactions are covered for e-invoice but are to be reported in GSTR 1.
In IRIS Onyx, we have given the option to upload all the data even though e-invoicing may not be applicable for the same. This enables businesses to extract all data from their systems in one-go. In IRIS platform we do the segregation.
Key points to note –
- All invoices of the type – Regular, Debit Note, Credit Note and Bill of Supply will be populated in IRIS Input format for GSTR 1
- Invoices with errors will not be populated
- Invoices that are eligible for IRN, but IRN is not generated will also be populated
- The GSTR 1 return period is decided by the document date and not the date on which the invoice was uploaded in IRIS Onyx for e-invoice. For example
|Document Date||Document Month||Uploaded in IRIS Onyx||Uploaded Month||Considered Month for GSTR 1|
|12-10-2021||Oct 2021||15-10-2021||Oct 2021||Oct 2021|
|12-10-2021||Oct 2021||01-11-2021||Nov 2021||Oct 2021|
As the window for IRN cancellation is 24 hours, the Get data feature has a latency of one day. It means data uploaded up to yesterday will be reflected in GSTR 1 input format.
Important to note
- This option is available only for users who are using IRIS for generating e-invoices
- If GSTR 1 draft has been created, Option to fetch data from IRIS Onyx will be deactivated. You can discard the draft to get data
- For GSTR 1 already filed or submitted, this option will not be available
Once you have your GSTR 1 data ready, it is recommended to do reconciliation with GST system data as the e-invoices are populated in GST system as well.