To manage your E-way bill operations through IRIS GSP, a one-time activity of enabling API access needs to be done for every GSTIN. While enabling the API access, you will need to define an additional user name and password, which needs to be saved while defining business hierarchy in IRIS Topaz.
Here are the steps to enable the API access:
1. Log on to E-way Bill Portal (https://ewaybill.nic.in/)
Please note NIC system allows creating of sub-users. However, for enabling API access you need to log in using the main user credentials
2. Under registration tab, select the option ‘For GSP’
3. Once selected, you will need to select IRIS Business Services from the list of GSPs.
4. After selecting IRIS from the list, you will need to define a new username and password
It is recommended to create the username and password as per NIC policies.
- Username – Initial characters are auto-filled by NIC (format of auto-filling: “NIC Username_API_”) after which a box has been provided for adding 3 user-defined characters.
- Password – Minimum length: 12 and Maximum length: 15
This username and password need to be included in the business hierarchy creation.
5. Once successfully enabled for IRIS GSP, the details will be shown in view section