Updated on 15th Oct 2020: Due dates of GSTR 1 Quarterly returns for tax period Oct 20 to Mar 21 is notified to be 13th of the month following the quarter | GST Notification 74/2020
Due dates of GSTR 1 Monthly returns are notified for tax period Oct 20 to Mar 21 | GST Notification 75/2020
Updated on 10th Nov 2020: CBIC extends the time limit of filing GSTR 1 | GST Notification 83/2020
Mistakes while filing your GST return is normal. However, since making changes and amendments in the GST forms are limited, it is important to understand the mistakes that can be corrected, process of correction and timelines for the same.
Process of Amendment in GSTR 1 is as follows:
Selecting the filing Period:
The taxpayer needs to select the GST Return filing period in the month in which the amendment is made. For example: if the amendment is made in April then the filing period will be April in case of monthly filing. In case of quarterly filing, the filing period will be May if the amendment is of April (March-May).
Kindly note the date of revised amended invoice date must be the last date of the original invoice tax-period. For example: if an original invoice dated 12-03-2020 is amended in April then the amended invoice date should not be later than 31-03-2020.
Invoice level Amendments
- B2C Large
- Credit/Debit Notes (Registered)
- Credit Debit Note (Unregistered)
- Export Invoices
Details that cannot be amended/Changed:
- A tax invoice cannot be changed into a bill of supply
- Type of Export- With/Without payment cannot be amended
- Credit /Debit Notes cannot be amended
- The place of Supply/the Customer GSTIN/Reverse charge applicable etc. are based on the Invoice which it is linked to. Hence these details need to match with the linked Invoice details.
- If the receiver of goods has already made any changes in the invoices, say, accepted or modified, then taxpayer will not be allowed to amend those invoices. Such invoices are not available for any amendment.
Summary Level Amendments
- B2C Others
- Advances Received (Tax Liability)
- Adjustment of Advances
How to reset GSTR 3B:
- Login to the GST portal and to go to the ‘Return Dashboard’
- Select the year and the month for which you want to reset GSTR-3B
- Click on Prepare Online
- Since you have already submitted your return, the option to ‘Reset GSTR 3B’ will be activated
- Click on ‘Reset GSTR 3B’
- Click on ‘Yes’ and ‘OK
- Now that you have reset the return and status changed to ‘Yet to be filed’ make changes to return and submit again. Note: Details provided in the return will not be changed only status changes.
- We recommend you to review your entire form in the ‘Preview’ section before the final submission.
- While reviewing, if there are any further mistakes or changes to be made then go to the tiles and make the respective changes.
Note: You get the ‘Reset’ option only once. It is important to be careful at this step.
Please Read Our Detailed Article on reset GSTR3B
IRIS Sapphire can save you from all these hassles and help you file your GST Return with utmost accuracy.
IRIS Sapphire is a cloud based premium GST Return filing software that is trusted by top companies in India and even globally. Along with offering basic features like GST Compliance Tracker, Bulk Operations, Vendor Management and so on, IRIS Sapphire also offers value added services like:
- Know Your Monthly ITC
- Smart Reconciliation
- Download data for all your GSTINs in one go
- GSTR 6, GSTR7, GSTR 8 and GSTR 2X enabled
- Automated GSTR 9 Preparation
- GSTR 3B auto-population from filed GSTR 1 and GSTR 2 return
- Take Actions on GSTR 1 data
Still need more reasons to choose IRIS Sapphire? Here are more!
- It is a complete ASP+GSP Solution
- Is 100% Secure and Scalable
- Offers excellent Customer Support with expert team members
- Agile Product Development
- Built-in Analytics & Dashboards
- Cloud Based Software
Schedule a Demo Today and understand the benefits for yourself.