The GST Council, in its 26th meeting, has given a go-ahead for rolling out E-way Bill. The E-way Bill mandate will kick-off with inter-state transactions, followed by intra-state movement of goods. Here are three important things to be aware of
- What are key dates and timelines for E-way Bill implementation?
- E-way bill for interstate movement of goods will start from 1st April 2018
- E-way bill for intrastate movement of goods will start from 15thApril 2018 in a phased manner
- States for intrastate implementation will be divided into 4 lots to execute a phase-wise rollout
- 1stJune 2018 is the stipulated date by which all states will be using EWB portal for intrastate movement of goods also
- What are transactions under which an E-way bill needs to be generated?
Even if the movement of goods is caused due to reasons other than supply, an e-way bill is required to be issued. The reasons other than supply include movement of goods due to:
- Job Work
- Semi Knocked Down (SKD)/Complete Knock Down (CKD)
- Recipient (Unknown)
- Line Sales
- Sales Returns
- Exhibition or Fairs
- When is the mandatory generation of E-way bill for values less than Rs. 50,000?
For certain specified goods, the e-way bill needs to be generated mandatory even if the value of consignment of goods is less than Rs.50,000
- Interstate movement of goods by the principal to job worker and from job worker to the principal
- Interstate transport of handicraft goods by dealer exempted from GST registration
IRIS is an established GST Suvidha Provider (GSP) and was one of the first GSPs to complete the integration with NIC’s E-way Bill System. Our E-way Bill solution, branded as IRIS Topaz, is an end-to-end solution for entire E-way Bill operations. IRIS Topaz can be accessed through the web, desktop utility, and APIs.