It has come to notice that fake messages on GST Refund have been circulating across social media asking for personal information citing new updates amidst COVID-19. IRIS GST would like to make all our readers aware of the fraud websites and fake messages with links promising GST Refund. We would like to extend a request to all our readers that they should not fall prey to such fraudulent messages and not click on any links on WhatsApp messages, Email or on social media.
To give more information, such fake messages on GST Refund ask for personal details, KYC updates, address, refund details and other monetary statistics. These personal details if revealed can lead to irreversible monetary losses and leak of personal data. So taxpayers must remain cautious and be aware of such phishing messages.
Visit only gst.gov.in or irisgst.com for authentic GST updates and any GST related information.
Here are a few points to note and take care of:
- Do not open any attachments or links if you receive phishing emails or messages claiming GST Refund.
- Do not offer any personal information, data, bank details or KYC details to unknown entities. The government will never ask for such information.
- Never call or reply to the number mentioned in such Emails, WhatsApp, Social media, personal messages and so on.
- Do not trust any misleading information; keep a check on the GST portal for authentic information.
- For checking status of the refund-application read: https://www.gst.gov.in/help/refund
The taxpayers must note that GST Refunds can be acquired through a set protocol only. The GST Portal has designed forms RFD-01 and so on to get the refund via a streamlined process.
Read our article on Step by step guide to GST Refund Procedure. Also, if you have any trouble applying for the GST Refund on the GST Portal, check out our article on GST Refund Process Related Issues Clarified By CBIC.
The refund can be claimed on www.gst.gov.in. If you get any requests from other websites looking similar to the GST Portal, it is recommended you do not trust them and refrain from sharing any personal information on such fraudulent sites/webpages.
Now you can streamline and simplify the tedious GST Refund process? IRIS GST can help!
IRIS Sapphire, a premium cloud-based GST Return Filing Software has advanced reconciliation module with strong reconciliation rules like match invoices across FY, beyond invoice number, fuzzy logic and user-defined tolerance that helps you completely match your purchase data with GSTR 2A and maximize ITC. Schedule a Demo Today to see how IRIS Sapphire can help you in your GST Reconciliation and understand the benefits for yourself.