The GST Refund process is a standardised format which is made online by the Government. The streamlined step by step guide for GST Refund process indeed helps the taxpayers to follow through but is long and also includes several forms with multiple fields.
Since taxpayers were facing many difficulties while applying for their GST Refund, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) issued a circular on 31st March 2020 (CGST Circular No.135) that provided some clarifications on issues pertaining to the online GST Refund process.
Here are a few clarifications regarding GST Refund Process related issues by CBIC. Once the GST Refund application is made, you can track your application to check its status. Since there are a few cases in which your refund may get stuck or may take more time than required. You can take the necessary action to speed up the process.
Now, let us understand the steps to track the GST Refund Application. There are three ways in which you can track your application status.
- Tracking Refund Application Post-Login to the GST Account
- Tracking Refund Application Pre-Login to the GST Account
- Tracking Refund Status for IGST Paid for Exports of Goods
(A) Tracking Refund Application Post-Login to the GST Account
1. Visit the Official GST Portal and Log-in to your account.
2. Go to ‘Services’ > ‘Refunds’ and select > ‘Track Application Status’.
3. After coming on the Track application page, next is to select the appropriate financial year for which you have filed the refund application. OR you can enter the ARN of the refund application. Later, the search results will be displayed.
4. Scroll to the right side and you can view the ‘Payment Advice Status’.
- If your bank account validation has failed, there is an option to update the bank account by clicking on the button ‘Update Bank Account’ under Bank Validation Status.
5. After updating the bank account details page, select the relevant account number and click on ‘Proceed’.
- A warning sign will pop-up on the screen to confirm if you want to update the bank account for that particular ARN, you just need to click on ‘Proceed’.
6. Next is to click on the check-box in the declaration field, then select the authorised signatory and proceed to file with DSC/EVC.
- An OTP will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number. It needs to be entered to confirm filing.
7. You will receive a message via a pop-up at the top of the screen saying that the bank account is updated successfully.
(B) Tracking Refund Application Pre-Login to the GST Account
1. Go to the official GST Portal.
2. Go to ‘Services’ later click on ‘Refunds’ then click on ‘Track Application Status’.
3. Enter the ARN and click on ‘Search’. The search results will be displayed with information to the relevant refund claim.
If you want to view any further details or take action, you need to login to your GST account.
(C) Tracking Refund Status for IGST Paid on for Exports of Goods
1. Go to the official GST Portal and log-in to your account
2. Go to ‘Services’ then click on ‘Refunds’ then select ‘Track status of invoice data to be shared with ICEGATE’.
3. Choose the relevant FY and the month for which you have submitted the refund application and then click on ‘Search’. The search results will be displayed.
Note: If the taxpayer files Form GSTR-1 quarterly, they need to select the last month of the respective quarter, for which status is to be tracked and the result displayed would be for the whole quarter.
4. For details of invoices which have not been transmitted to ICEGATE and invoices which have been rejected by ICEGATE, click on – ‘number of invoices which is hyperlinked under the ‘Count’ column.’
5. Later, click on ‘Download Failed Invoices’ to check the validation errors and take the necessary counteractive action.
6. Click on ‘Download Failed Invoices’ to check the validation errors and take the necessary counteractive action.
IRIS GST offers IRIS Sapphire for seamless GST Return Filing, Reconciliation and more…
IRIS Sapphire, a premium cloud-based GST Return Filing Software has advanced reconciliation module with strong reconciliation rules like match invoices across Financial Years, beyond invoice number, fuzzy logic and user-defined tolerance that helps you completely match your purchase data with GSTR 2A and maximize ITC.
Schedule a Demo Today to see how IRIS Sapphire can help you in your GST Reconciliation and understand the benefits for yourself.