GST Circular No 138/2020
Circular No.138/08/2020-GST, dated 06.05.2020 had been issued to clarify doubts regarding relief measures taken by the Government for facilitating taxpayers in meeting the compliance requirements under various provisions of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act
1) The time limit required for obtaining registration by the IRP/RP in terms of special procedure prescribed vide notification No. 11/2020 – Central Tax dated 21.03.2020 has been extended. It is within thirty days of the appointment of the IRP/RP or by 30th June, 2020, whichever is later.
2) It is also it is clarified that IRP/RP would not be required to take a fresh registration in those cases where statements in FORM GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B, for all the tax periods prior to the appointment of IRP/RP, have been furnished under the registration of Corporate Debtor (earlier GSTIN)
3) i. In cases where the RP is not the same as IRP, or in cases where a different IRP/RP is appointed midway during the insolvency process, the change in the GST system may be carried out by an amendment in the registration form. Changing the authorized signatory is a non- core amendment and does not require approval of tax officer. However, if the previous authorized signatory does not share the credentials with his successor, then the newly appointed person can get his details added through the Jurisdictional authority as Primary authorized signatory.
ii. The new registration by IRP/RP shall be required only once, and in case of any change in IRP/RP after initial appointment under IBC, it would be deemed to be change of authorized signatory and it would not be considered as a distinct person on every such change after initial appointment.
Accordingly, it is clarified that such a change would need only change of authorized signatory which can be done by the authorized signatory of the Company who can add IRP /RP as new authorized signatory or failing that it can be added by the concerned jurisdictional officer on request by IRP/RP
4) The requirement of exporting the goods by the merchant exporter within 90 days from the date of issue of tax invoice by the registered supplier gets extended to 30th June, 2020, provided the completion of such 90 days period falls within 20.03.2020 to 29.06.2020
5) The due date of furnishing of FORM GST ITC-04 for the quarter ending March, 2020 stands extended up to 30.06.2020
(due date of ITC 04 is further extended to 31st August 2020 since Notification 55/2020 has extended dates metioned in 35/2020 to which this clarification pertain)