GST Circular No 134/2020
Clarification has been issued by the Government prescribing special procedure for the corporate debtors who are undergoing CIRP under the provisions of IBC and the management of whose affairs are being undertaken by IRP/RP. On following issues
1) How are dues under GST for pre-CIRP period be dealt?
2) Should the GST registration of corporate debtor be cancelled?
3) Is IRP/RP liable to file returns of pre-CIRP period?
4) Should a new registration be taken by the corporate debtor during the CIRP period?
5) How to file First Return after obtaining new registration?
6) How to avail ITC for invoices issued to the erstwhile registered person in case the IRP/RP has been appointed before issuance of notification No.11/2020- Central Tax, dated 21.03.2020 and no return has been filed by the IRP during the CIRP ?
7) How to avail ITC for invoices by persons who are availing supplies from the corporate debtors undergoing CIRP, in cases where the IRP/RP was appointed before the issuance of the notification No.11/2020 – Central Tax, dated 21.03.2020?
8) Some of the IRP/RPs have made deposit in the cash ledger of erstwhile registration of the corporate debtor. How to claim refund for amount deposited in the cash ledger by the IRP/RP?